Answers to questions #1

 

[ORIGINAL VIDEO]

A: Awaf!
D: Te-he-he! Answering questions.
Let's see. It's been years since we answered anyone.
A: It's been years since we even checked the group. Shame on us.
D: Faster! Arrrgh! The PC is struggling, it's all hot.

[15 mins later]

D: There, that's all of them.
A: Ok, let's begin with Alina [the person in the messages].

"Hello, sorry if I'm distracting you from work. I found this account on Instagram. I'm not sure, but I think it's plagiarizing your sketches..."
A: Actually, yes. It's not an official account.
"... that you send off with merch. I wanted to know if you're the creator of it."
A: No, it's not official. It's made by some fan who sloppily traces Dee, as if it's his actual account. Well, I can't say I have anything against it. But yeah, it's unofficial.

"When's the stream?"
A: Let's consider this a mini stream.

"Greetings. I've got inside your merch store..."
A: Like, through the window?
"... and I don't recall seeing this character. Is it a hint for the second season?"
A: Something like that.

"Hi, I wanted to know how much the comic is gonna cost and if it's possible to make a pre-order."
D: No pre-orders. The cost will be... around 300-400 rubles, can't say for sure yet.

"Hello! You did a great job on season 1. I wish the second one will be just as great..."
D: Me too.
A: Answer.
D: Answer what? 'Thank you)'.

A: "I'm awaiting season 2. Best of luck and strength..."
"Woof!"
A: What do you mean "woof"?! Guys, let's establish this once and for all... AF!
D: It's either "AF" or "AWAF".
A: "Woof" is not our religion.

"Hi. Hello. I wanna order. Hi, I'm interested in this product. Uh-huh. Hello, sorry for bothering, but in the la-..."
A: Let's see this one.
"... in the last video you mentioned stickers, but I can't seem to find them anywhere."
A: Stickers aren't available yet but we're planning to make them. We'll definitely announce them when the time comes.

"There's a blogger who's making a game about parallel worlds and he really needs some support..."
A: Sorry guys, we don't do ads.

"Finally, I have found you."
D: [laughs] Ok.

"Hello. Can I voice your characters? I just have a lot of free time..."
D: Dude, I'm jealous...
"... and I have nothing to do. So I really wanna voice one of your characters."
A: Sorry, we don't have much time.

"You're a sweetie."
A: Thank you.
D: Did you know that? [flirty eyes]

"Hello, I just wanted to tell you that I really like Metal Family. I'm from Colombia..."
A: That's pretty cool.
D: I wouldn't answer anything. Sorry if we're ignoring some of you guys, but there's really A LOT of messages. 

D: It's impossible to answer all of THAT. GASP, someone's typing!
A: Exactly, they also answer immediately. Oh, it's the girl who wanted to voice act.
"Okay. I'm not sad or anything! No-no! It's just my mic decided to break right at this exact time, and my pc almost crashed."

A: There, that's the most correct message. "Awaf!".
D: Awaf, awaf, awaf... Well, conversation over.

A: Go slower. Up. Up. There, that one. Oh god, 9 messages...
D: WHOOOOOAAAA!
A: Ok, guys, I'll tell you right now — no offense, but if we see THIS much text, we won't even read it. We already explained why.
D: "If you want VK to publish your stickers, you'll need at least — drum roll — 5 million rubles...".
A: Honestly, that doesn't seem too far from truth.
D: "... and you won't get money from VK. There's also another option, but..."
A: Thank you for the information, Maria.

[Skipped answer from the video:
Q: On this sketch Glam is arguing with some lady. Is she important, or are they not related in any way?
A: This sketch is so old that we don't remember ourselves who she was. Perhaps it was the waitress' prototype.]

D: You wanna answer some questions? Here, take the mouse.
A: Let's check the top ones.

"I understand it's a touchy subject..."
A: That's interesting. Oh, it's about religion.
[Question on screen: During my watch I noticed a lot of religious aspects. The cross in Glam's room, his mom going to church... It seems like the aristocratic family might've made Glam skeptical about it. Then, in the the latest "imagine" video, he furiously rejected magic, calling it illusions, monitors, strings, and it made me a little uneasy. I know it's unreliable to judge something like that by comedic videos, but what are Glam's actual religious views?
A: As weird as it is, yes, Glam is an atheist and it's hard to convince him that magic or ghosts exist. Of course, in "imagine" everything was exaggerated for a joke. But every joke has a bit of... you know what. Actually, we try to avoid religious, political and ethnic topics. The cartoon's not about that.]
A: We don't discuss religion. Basically, all our guys are atheists.


"I want to try for voice acting!"
A: Yeah-yeah, get in line.
Someone here wants another child. Good luck. Whole life's ahead of you.

"I'll record you some guitar for free."
A: Thanks, but we don't need that right now.


[She thanks everyone for a while...]

"I have a question for Dee."
A: Not now. We'll have an entire post about what kind of questions you may ask the characters, so stay tuned.

"Here's something to cheer you up."
A: Probably a cat video.
D: Let's see here...
A: I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! God...

"Hi, I'm Pavel, and I make..."
A: Good luck, Pavel, with whatever you make.

"Hello, I hope it's not too late..."
A: It is.

"Hi, I don't wanna bother you..."
A: Sorry dude, you're bothering us.

"Awaf! I wanted to know the orientations of Anna, Ches and Lydia. And how long have Anna and Victoria known each other?"
D: About Anna... uhhhh, that's a secret. About Ches — that's a secret, even for us. About Lydia-chlamydia... hard to say. But probably heterosexual. Anna and Victoria have been friends for a fairly long time... around 10 years.

"[context unknown] That would be great! I forgot to ask how to tie a bok-..."
D: [becomes a clapping seal]
A: Stop that!

"Good day, I wanna offer you help with writing song lyrics or poems..."
A: Well... we'll keep that in mind.

"Hello, can I ask one question?"
A: Nope.
D: Should've asked.

"Do you have ideas for other cartoons?"
A: We do, but we don't have time.

"Yours?"
D: Why is it empty?! [referring to the little message icon]
A: Maybe there's, like, over 100 messages? Let's see, just for fun.
Oh yeah, that's our images for sure, but we don't know who this is.
Why was the little circle so weird though? I think VK is out of its mind from all these questions.
D: The drawings are ours.

"Hello Lina! [misspell of Alina]"
A: That's for "My Student Spirit". [TL note: She's referring to another Russian web cartoon My Student Spirit (Дух Моей Общаги) made by Leena.]

D: "WHERE'S THE STREAM?".
A: Oh hey, those seem to be Animaniacs.

"Good evening. You planned this project for a very long time. Was the "goodbye" comic also planned from the start?"
A: Well... we always had various stories in stock that we couldn't fit into the first season, so we thought that some stories would have to be in form of comics. We thought at first that it would take less time, but that was dumb. 

A: Okay, I think we're done for now. That was probably 1/100 of all the messages. But what else can we do. Sorry guys.

D: Let's read the comments.
A: Sure. "When will girls leave Dee alone?". No idea.
D: "Never".

"Has anyone noticed that Glam left his family the same night Ches wished he would leave the academy and write songs with him. Maybe Glam got busted because of Ches' magic."
A: Yeah, actually the universe loves Ches.

"I can't wait for the second season. When?"
D: We're working, we're working!

"Looking for people for a fan meetup..."
A: I see. Have a fun one.

"I heard your stickers were on VK..."
A: No, they're not, sadly. Someone even answered that here. Btw, thank you guys so much for answering some of these obvious questions for us, you help us a lot.

"Where's the comic."
A: No questions.

"Who wants to talk to Glam message me. It's not a joke!"

"I got the merch. I'm happy like a 15 year-old child."
A: The merch is actually really cool, I can't stop being amazed by Skib&Par's t-shirts.

"About the comic, do you still plan on releasing it? If so, when is the approximate release date?"
A: Of course we do. We'll make a video announcement of it later, but the situation with comic is like this so far: we have everything ready, we're just looking for people to help us with lettering, printing, so we don't shit ourselves. In case we make a mistake, cuz we're noobs and we're scared.
[On screen: "Comic expert".
Dude: The lettering sucks.
Dima: What's "lettering"?
Dude: Get out of here.]

"Someone, please tell Dima and Alina to start producing key holders..."
D: Actually, we thought about it a long time ago, but it's not very easy to produce, and it'll cost a lot.
A: Of course you must understand that any product requires some production costs. A key holder — if it's a good, metallic one — would cost a lot of money, that's why we'd have to sell it for even more. Plus, it's not gonna be produced in bulk, so production speed would be very low.
D: Or if it is produced in bulk, then the quality would be... some cheap plastic.

"Alina and Dima, please tell us if you're alive... How much more work will it take?"
A: We're here, Nikita. Everything's ok, we're alive. We haven't been around lately cuz we don't wanna get distracted. Resources aren't endless, so we rather spend them on comics than on answering questions.
D: Meanwhile we're answering questions.
A: Once a month won't hurt.

"Make an episode where Heavy and Dee get revenge on Suslik (aka Gopher)."
D: Oddly enough...
A: Don't say it yet. But Yakov here seems to have a point.

"Some very long nonsense about the cartoon being for adults. Happy New Year!"
A: Happy New Year, dude! 

"Do you have any sketches with the girl?"
D: We do. Should we share them? Here. Oops, wrong one. We have a lot of fun sketches. Fuck, where is it.
A: You asshole! Whatever, we'll censor it.

D: That's you.
A: With no face, as usual.
D: Here. Or maybe we shouldn't show it?
A: Too erotic, in my opinion.

"Regarding the "burning" video. A little about ads and how they work..."
D: Yeah we know. Obviously I was stupid, but... maybe it's for the best that I'm this stupid.

"FUCK, I wanna send a drawing..."
A: [laughing] That's some top stuff right there...
"... (which I drew in 10 minutes......). That you don't even fucking need( I feel so fucking sad for you(((((."
A: Thank you! Thank you, Olya Rukojopina [TL note: Rukojopina is a fake surname meaning literally "hands up the ass"].
D: "This is the home of a creature who likes to draw."
A: Olya, send it in.

A: What's this one? "When's the comic coming out?". "Close to new year". Wait, who wrote that?
D: I guess we thought at the time we would get it out sooner.

"Hello, I was told the girl from the quest is called Zika! Is that true?"
D: No, it's not.

"Waiting for the fucking comic. Either I'll die waiting, or someone else will."
A: That's a threat.

"Why doesn't Heavy have legs?"
D: ................ Uhhhh.

D: Let's look at the top comments. Oh, there's Alex.
A: That's the dude who makes theory videos. Every time I watch his MF videos I go like "yeah-yeah, and then?", then I remember I'm the actual author.

A: Oh god, something in english. Can you read it?
D: [attempts to read it]
A: It's "whenever you can".
D: OH, YOU'RE SO GOOD! WOW! MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ IT!
"Whenever you can"! You didn't read it correctly! See how perfect my english is! Let's find you something interesting...
A: C'mon, forget it.
D: Read this.
A: Wait, I have a gum in my mouth...
D: You're reading it! I'm gonna cover your face.
A: Here, hold my gum. And move your freaking arm! [attempts to read it, but stumbles over the word "subtitles"].
Alright, how would YOU read "subtitles"?
D: Subtitles.
A: I feel like you're wrong. [continues reading] Anyway, thanks for watching our...
D: What about the rest?
A: [reads the rest].
D: Fine. But it's not "team" its... "team".

A: By the way, I keep getting messages from Misha from 28oi, about him still getting messages like "how can you steal MF merch!?". Guys, 28oi is alright, we're partners. Please don't spam them. [On screen: "We have a dedicated person who handles these issues. Everyone who sells our merch without our permission gets punished either way."] 

A: Let's show them the animatic.
D: This is the storyboard for episode 2. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler.
A: There, that's all. These don't have timings yet, we just draw them one after another.
D: Here's how much pure storyboard work there is... And now, the third episode... And that's only the storyboard. The third episode will be REALLY hard. It'll take a long time, but it's worth it, I think.
A: Yeah, we like it.

D: Anyway, that's all! Time for work. Go to your workplace.
A: Ok, bye!
D: Wait, what about the song?
A: What song?
D: Any song. Give me the guitar.

Comments

  1. Hi. Please correct the typo. It's COLOMBIA. Not ''Columbia''. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment